High Adventure Scholarship
The Western Region Order of the Arrow Committee feels so strongly that the OA High Adventure program leaves a lasting impression and energizes the Arrowmen that participate, that they would like to invite every first time participant in the Western Region to apply for a scholarship of up to $325 which can be used to cover the program fee for any of the Order of the Arrow High Adventure programs in the summer of 2020 or up to $325 towards your travel expenses. This year the Committee has decided to invest in 10 quality applicants and will support them in their adventure through promotional resources and recognition.
The application window will open December 1, 2019 and close March 31, 2020. Recipients will be notified and a public announcement of the 2020 recipients will be made by April 30, 2020. It is our hope that the recipients will continue to promote OAHA and come back from their programs excited about the OA and continue promoting the High Adventure program.
The following programs are available:
- OA Trail Crew at Philmont Scout Ranch
- Wilderness Voyage at the Charles L Sommers Canoe Base
- Canadian Odyssey at the Charles L Sommers Canoe Base
- Summit Experience at the Summit Bechtel Reserve
- OA Ocean Adventure at the Florida Sea Base
Recipients will receive:
- The financial award to the program or travel expense
- A 2020 recipients’ gift
- A congratulatory letter from the region
- Promotional materials to support the program in the future
- A once in a lifetime experience
- Participants will need to provide their own transportation or program fee based on the selected award type. *
- The Western Region will not register on your behalf. You must follow the normal application process.
- An applicant must be registered in their OAHA program of choice and have placed the required deposit for that program before being awarded a scholarship.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete the application in its entirety and submit it all necessary approval to the region through the process provided.
Many sections and lodges have scholarships available to assist in the remaining costs, check with your local lodge for more information.
If you have any questions regarding our High Adventure program or scholarship opportunities, please contact our High Adventure Coordinator and Adviser, Kyle Silligman and Mike Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org