Wauna La-Montay Lodge ArrowCorps 2016
Wauna La-Montay Lodge will be hosting one of the largest OA Service Projects that Cascade pacific Council has ever promoted: ArrowCorps 2016. Spanning multiple Ranger Districts in two National Forest, projects will be varied, challenging, and satisfying. The projects include trail maintenance, fence construction, orphan campsite maintenance, and projects at Ranger Stations.
An enrichment program, enhanced by the natural classroom environment, will be a part of the week long experience so you can learn many new skills while you give meaningful, visible, and long lasting service to the mt. Hood and Willamette national Forests. The event commences on August 14th, 2016 and will conclude on August 19th. Participants will be placed in different work crews, assigned specific projects, and over several days give cheerful service with logistical support from the ArrowCorps staff. On the 19th we will enjoy a day of fun at mt. Hood Ski Bowl, playing mini golf, using an Alpine Slide, and exploring the Terrain Park on two wheels.
ArrowCorps is open to any member of the Boy Scouts of America ages 14 and older. Membership in the Order of the Arrow is not a requirement to participate.
$105.00 per person for a Full Week
$75.00 per person for a Half Week (Sun-Wed or Wed-Fri)
Dates and Locations
- Sunday, August 14, 2016: Aubrey Watzek Winter Lodge
- Monday – Thursday: Base Camps – Aubrey Watzek, Camp Baldwin, Camp Pioneer, Nanitch
- Friday, August 19, 2016: Mt. Hood Ski-Bowl Fun Day
- Participants will receive two long-sleeve event shirts and a hard hat as part of the requried PPE for Forest Service work. Please indicate in the Notes section during registration your shirt size. Adult sizes available: S, M, L, XL, Other (indicate size if other)
- There will be a Participant Skills Survey sent out 90 days prior to the event.
- Staff training/development scheduled for May 13-15 at Nanitch Lodge. All Field Staff required to attend.
- Current BSA Medical Form required, Part D encouraged, restrictions not applied. Download Medical Form(s) below.
The ArrowCorps page on our website is https://www.cpcbsa.org/arrowcorps. Along with the long sleeve shirts and hard hats for attending each participant will receive special patches given only to those who attend ArrowCorps 2016, have the option to receive T-shirts, and additional ArrowCorps items. We are currently working on getting a national officer at the event as well as a congressman and/or senator. Anyone flying in should email ahead of time so coordination is possible to make sure they are picked up and the airport and that they get back in time for their return flight. I am working on getting pictures of previous ArrowCorps and should be able to email them to you in the coming days. ArrowCorps 2016 is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Arrowmen and Scouts to continue the legacy of service that was started so long ago.